Accounts Payable Specialist
TerraStar Inc. is a diversified oil and gas service company that is quickly becoming a leader in quality workmanship in the most dynamic shale plays in the United States. With an emphasis on safety, we focus on delivering exceptional value with superior results to customers. TerraStar Inc. gets the job done quickly and efficiently in the 24 hour a day, non-stop pace of the oil and gas industry.
This is a full time entry level position responsible for processing accounts payable functions, this position will be in contact with all levels of the company as well as external vendors.This opportunity requires an individual who can contribute in a fast-paced, team environment while exhibiting excellent data entry and attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Review vendor invoices, obtain proper approvals, code, match, and enter for payment
- Organize and file all backup paperwork
- Maintain current spreadsheet of company overhead and recurring monthly costs
- Issue purchase orders as requested following company policies and track costs associated
- Notify Accounts Receivable of any expenditures necessary to bill to customers
- Collect weekly expense reports and audit to ensure all charges are reported
- Assist in reconciling all payable transactions, bank accounts, charge accounts, and loans
- Perform weekly check runs and respond to check requests as needed
- Provide weekly reports by requested deadlines for review and/or approval
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Correspond with vendors, and research and resolve invoice issues and discrepancies
- Assist with periodic closings of books and complete checklist to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Pay attention to designated budgets and alert management of issues or overages
- Ensure any new vendors are fully vetted and approved by management with all paperwork completed as required
- Maintain organized set of vendor files with updated certificate of insurance, contact info, etc.
- Organize all current payables files in designated file cabinet and consolidate/filterall old payables files into boxes clearly outlined and stored for future referencing
This is a non-supervisory position that will work alongside the Accounts Receivable Specialist and reports directly to the President.
This office based role will operate in a professional environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and materials such as computers, phones, and filing systems. The employee may be required tostand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. This position may require the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 30 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. In lieu of degree, 10+ years of relevant experience
- Must have significant experience with QuickBooks (Online preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Fluent with Microsoft Office including Excel
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy, timeliness and confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize the most important situations, and think quickly
- Ability to remain calm, clear and in control in a fast pace environment
- Detail oriented, confident, reliable with a professional attitude
- Disciplined process to analyze information objectively to identify problems, generate solutions, and implement plans
- Positive attitude, open mind, andability to align team to deliver superior customer value
A successful Accounts Payable Specialist will have the ability to fulfill the above responsibilities at a minimum in an organized and detailed fashion. A positive attitude, open mind, and motivation are essential part of this role and as a member of this team. The Accounts Payable Specialists ability to maintain focus and drive results in the assigned tasks and procedures will directly impact the company’s performance and ability to perform effectively.
TerraStar Inc. is always recruiting experienced individuals to join our team. By employing personnel from many facets of the industry, we are able to offer versatile, top notch service. TerraStar Inc. provides equal employment opportunities(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, TerraStar Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
NOTE: The Company reserves the right to modify/add/remove responsibilities for this position at any time as deemed necessary.