Class A CDL Driver - Barnesville Ohio
This position will be tasked as responsible for safely and efficiently completing necessary job tasks, including operating a Commercial Motor Vehicle and labor in the field as needed. Compliance with all applicable DOT guidelines and regulations will be the core responsibility of the CDL Driver during the entirety of their interaction with any CMV.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform pre & post-trip inspections thoroughly
- Maintain cleanliness and integrity of vehicle and equipment
- Immediately report any necessary repairs and/or maintenance needed
- Actively ensure compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT guidelines, including HOS and Log Book requirements
- Ensure the vehicle is consistently supplied with all proper paperwork
- Responsible for proper cargo securement prior to transit
- Safely operate any motor vehicle in compliance with all traffic laws and according to varying traffic/road conditions SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY
- This role is not a direct supervisory position. The CDL Driver will be responsible for working independently or with a crew and will report directly to the Field Supervisor/Shop Foreman.
This position will have varying working conditions, as some days will entail driving only jobs and others will involve days split between driving and laboring in the field as part of a crew. Inclement weather will be a factor as well as other unforeseen working conditions. The potential exists to operate the vehicle in a variety of surroundings, including city and highway traffic flows as well as extended distances between destinations.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D., or Equivalent.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Oilfield Experience preferred, but not required.
- Have a positive attitude towards work and co-workers.
- Work efficiently under stress.
- Be able to think logistically.
- Maintain pro-active and open communication with all team members.
- Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with Airbrakes. Tanker/HazMat endorsements preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience driving a Commercial Motor Vehicle.
- DOT Physical Examination and Medical Card required.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and Driver History Report.
- Effectively use maps and directions for efficient & compliant routing.
- Ability to operate a variety of construction equipment.
- Responsible for demonstrating understanding of proper loading and securing to prevent freight movement and ensure safe transport. Assist in loading/unloading as required.
- Understand how to adjust the weight of your load between axles to comply with weight limitations. Be competent of specific vehicle CGVWR.
A successful CDL Driver will safely and efficiently carry out all of the above listed qualifications at a minimum. Accountability, a good work ethic, positive attitude and excellent attention to detail are essential for this role.