Crew Lead - Barnesville Ohio
This position serves as a supervisor role overseeing a crew of approximately 4 roustabouts. Under the direction of the Field Supervisor, the Crew Lead will be responsible for directing the crew to ensure job duties are fulfilled and all work is complete in accordance with client requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Safely leading their crew in potentially hazardous environments
· Engagement of personnel on the crew and holding them accountable for attendance, performance, and attitude while maintaining crew camaraderie and moral
· Thoroughly completing a variety of required paperwork, ensuring it is turned in daily
· Immediate written communication/pictures to supervisor at the completion of each job
· Ability to have crew onsite ready to work prior to start time for the job; no tardiness
· Ensure all equipment and materials are loaded and accounted for on paperwork prior to leaving for a job site as well as brought back after the work is complete
· Supervise crew to ensure the job is completed correctly and in a timely manner
· Possess ability to communicate professionally with company man onsite during job
· Oversee attention to detail and make job related decisions
· Inspect work performed at the end of the job to ensure nothing has been overlooked
· Train roustabouts how to safely and effectively complete any given task ensuring adherence to all employment and safety policies as outlined in manuals
· Inspect equipment and work area prior to beginning a job and making any needed corrections that could cause harm or accidents to individuals and equipment
· Involvement with Field Supervisor to outline needs for next day’s task to ensure proper preparation and nothing is forgotten
· Lift/Carry heavy objects
· Delegate tasks to each crew member to develop a routine the promotes efficiency
· Ensure all crew members have all credentials, PPE, and gear to complete any task that may come up throughout the day
· Install various types and thicknesses of containment on location
· Operate heavy equipment on site
· Exhibit knowledge and ability to operate a commercial vehicle obeying all regulations
· Properly servicing (checking oil, greasing, cleaning) all equipment daily prior to use
· Daily check-out/check-in of materials, tools, etc to promote inventory maintenance
· Communicate with shop personnel daily for repairs needed to equipment
This position will be held responsible for ensuring that the crew under their direct supervision is working in a safe but productive and responsible manner.
This position will be faced with a wide variety of working conditions. Inclement and/or extreme weather may be a factor as well as other possible unforeseen conditions. The potential for long hours and varying shifts may also exist.
· 1 year of supervisory or management experience
· Experience in motivating and engaging others while leading in a positive and professional manner
· Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (no air brake endorsement needed)
· High School Diploma, G.E.D, or Equivalent
· Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, background check, and possess a clean driving history
· Live within 1 hour of the Barnesville shop
· Must be at work regularly, promptly, and on time
· Able to lead their crew without direct supervision
· Hazmat endorsement recommended but not required
· Willing to work well with others and maintain a positive attitude and work ethic
· Knowledge of general construction and excavation skills
· Knowledge of hand and power tools and how to properly operate them
Success for this position will be measured by the ability to fulfill the above responsibilities at a minimum as well as properly train and motivate crew members, produce significant results daily, and ensure customer satisfaction, all without repetitive follow-ups and with minimal crew turnover.
NOTE: The company reserves the right to modify/add/remove responsibilities for this position at any time as deemed necessary.