TerraStar Inc. is a family owned hydro-excavation company that is quickly becoming a leader in quality workmanship in the most dynamic shale plays in the United States. With an emphasis on safety & customer service, we focus on delivering exceptional value with superior results to our customers. TerraStar Inc. gets the job done quickly.
This position serves as a leadership role with direct oversight of all operations, both in the office and in the field. Reporting to the Vice President, the Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations including but not limited to: office administration, field operations, personnel, equipment, and safety.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Establish and maintain a culture of safe operations
- Maintain a team and an environment that carries the vision of the company
- Develop and implement necessary organizational strategies, policies, and practices
- Focus on continuous improvement and initiate efforts to reduce costs and enhance quality and productivity
- Maintains an environment promoting open communication with all employees. Demonstrates objective listening and promotes respect while encouraging collaborative problem solving and effective working relationships
- Support all Foreman to ensure they are involved in their daily operations and overseeing that all details are covered
- Support all Office personnel to ensure that all daily, weekly, and monthly tasks are being completed in a timely & efficient manner
- Oversight of all policies and protocols used to ensure they are applicable, practical and as efficient as possible
- Review current and upcoming operations to determine key processes, staffing needs and allotment of resources to accomplish effectively
- Prepares monthly and annual budgets for approvals by Executive Management
- Analyze weekly reports to ensure all goals are met
- Monitor outstanding field tickets to ensure prompt return for invoicing
- Review and approval of team members weekly spending per policy and signature authorization levels
- Ability to manage a strong team and provide technical expertise as needed to ensure projects are running smoothly
- Ensure team members have the required training, experience and tools to be safe and successful
- Coaches and counsels assigned staff to adhere to values, policies and standards and to improve safety, quality and process reliability in a cost effective manner
- Monitor productivity of direct reports and field crews and identify means to assure efficiency and consistency of work
- Selection, training, development and evaluations of field personnel to ensure top notch services are performed within the operation
- Participate in necessary leadership and operations meetings
- Must develop a training program designed to maximize level of knowledge and productivity of subordinates, while forming a cohesive team environment
- Model effective leadership behaviors to others and develops operational goals ensuring team interaction and “buy in”
- May oversee field services and provide supervision to onsite labor when needed
- May perform Field Supervisor duties as required
- Will remain flexible to perform other duties as assigned
This office and field based position is a direct supervisory position and will coordinate with existing management level positions to ensure all policies and protocols are adhered to. The individual fulfilling this position will report directly to the Vice President.
This position will be faced with a wide variety of administrative & leadership challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree; experience will be considered in lieu of formal education
- 3 years industry experience preferred
- 5 years of supervisory or management experience with an understanding of human relations, training, performance evaluation and safety
- Experience with budget preparation and cost control
- Demonstrates leadership and the ability to coordinate resources to achieve maximum profitability, efficiency and utilization
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the President regarding plan productivity and project completion deadlines
- Ability to effectively interact with and develop and maintain strong rapport and credibility with senior management in the company
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, background check, and possess a clean driving history
- Class A CDL strongly recommended
- Ability to operate equipment a plus
- Must be willing and able to travel to various work sites as needed
A successful Operations Manager will be measured by the ability to fulfill the above responsibilities at a minimum as well as arrive for work on time, and perform job tasks.
TerraStar Inc. is always recruiting experienced individuals to join our team. By employing personnel from many facets of the industry, we are able to offer versatile, top notch service. TerraStar Inc.provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, TerraStar Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
NOTE: The Company reserves the right to modify/add/remove responsibilities for this position at any time as deemed necessary.