TerraStar Inc. is a family-owned hydro-excavation company that is quickly becoming a leader in quality workmanship in the most dynamic shale plays in the United States. With an emphasis on safety & customer service, we focus on delivering exceptional value with superior results to our customers. TerraStar Inc. gets the job done quickly.
POSITION SUMMARY OF THE EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
The role of the Operator is responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of equipment to support a wide variety of tasks in gas and oilfield operations. Job duties will vary considerably from day to day as this is a very diverse position. This is a full-time position tasked with the responsibilities of operating and transporting all equipment in a safe manner in accordance to our HSE regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF THE EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
- Work safely in potentially hazardous environments
- Operate an excavator skid steer loader, telehandler, and/or other power equipment as needed
- Ability to work on location – 12 hour shift
- Manage drill cutting waste on the assigned drill site
- Solidify drill cuttings using an excavator
- Complete daily field reports
- Responsible for scheduling and dispatching dump trucks for soil pickup
- Other duties as assigned by management
WORKING CONDITIONS OF THE EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
This position will be faced with varying working conditions. Inclement and/or extreme weather may be a factor as well as other unforeseen conditions. The potential for long hours and varying shifts may also exist.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or Equivalent
- Experience operating an excavator preferred but not required
- Ability to troubleshoot problems
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record and possess own reliable transportation to and from work
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- Must be able to come to work promptly, regularly, and on-time
- Able to follow instruction and carry out duties while unsupervised
- Work proficiently and safely with tools and equipment
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Capable of openly communicating ideas and problems
SUCCESS FACTORS OF THE EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
Success for this position will be measured by the ability to fulfill the above responsibilities at a minimum, arrive for work with short notice, and perform job tasks, all without repetitive follow-ups or setbacks.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste and smell.
The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus